Children’s Cottage provides loving care for children age six weeks through twelve years of age in a safe, home-like atmosphere. The center setting and daily activities emphasize appropriate play experience that contribute to the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth of each child.
We believe it’s most important that our staff be involved with parents in close cooperation and planning for the welfare of each child. It is important that children experience a connection between home and the childcare setting. Families are invited to visit, call with questions, suggestions and ideas or volunteer their time and energies to take part in the program.
We hope that you will keep us informed by notifying us of any specific change’s that may affect your child at the center. In turn, we will contact you when we think you should know of any specific incident at the center concerning your child. The Director will arrange conferences with parents as needed.
Parents may call to schedule a conference with their child’s teacher or the director whenever they feel this would be helpful. We hope that you will join us during the year for lunch, to share a story, a song, or your time or expertise in any area.
- Emphasize creative learning. Children learn best through play and exploration. Therefore, activities are best when they are “hands-on” and focus on the creative process rather than the end product.
- Provide positive guidance. Through the use of appropriate guidance techniques, teachers are able to aid each child in developing self-discipline skills and a positive self-concept.
- Hire and retain professional staff. Staff members must be carefully selected for their experience, education, and sensitivity to the individual needs of young children.
- Maintain excellent ratios. Low child-teacher ratios are vital to the well-being and optimum development each child.
- Encourage parent involvement. Parents are a valuable resource and must be supported in their special and important role. Parents are always welcome.